The Clements Gap Sustainable Communities Fund will be open for applications throughout April.
Grants of up to $10,000 will be available to support community projects from Clements Gap, Crystal Brook, Red Hill, Port Broughton, Mundoora and Wandearah.
Pacific Hydro’s Clements Gap Sustainable Communities Fund delivers a portion of revenue from the Clements Gap Wind Farm back into the local community each year, for the life of the wind farm.
Pacific Hydro’s Community Investment Program has provided more than $4.3 million to over 890 projects across Australia since 2005.
The Clements Gap Sustainable Communities Fund aims to support projects, initiatives, and organisations that provide lasting benefit to local communities and address community need in at least one of these six key areas:
- education and training
- health and welfare
- sport and recreation
- arts and culture
- the environment, and
- Projects that support the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
To be eligible, the proposed project or initiative must:
- Directly benefit the local community (in at least one of the 6 program areas)
- Not be for the private gain of particular individuals
- Have the support of the community (shown by endorsement from prominent members of the community, either in the form of letters or other communication supporting the project)
- Have necessary approvals and permissions in place prior to applying, such as council approval (if required)
- Meet the Community Investment Program’s aims and objectives
HOW TO APPLY:
Application information will be provided this week.